DAY 01: CUSCO KM. 82 – WAYLLABAMBA (5-6 hours walk approx.)
Travel distance: 12 Kilometers / 7.5 Miles.
Our collaborators will pick you up from your hotel to move you to Km. 82, via Chinchero – Ollantaytambo, we carry out the corresponding controls and join the team of professionals that will make our trip a success. We will start our walk along the Urubamba River until we reach Llactapata, an important archaeological group, where we will have lunch and then continue to our first camp in Wayllabamba, after a refreshing dinner we will spend the night in this place.
DAY 02: WAYLLABAMBA – PACAYMAYU (6 to 7 hours walk approx.)
Travel distance: 11 kilometers / 6.8 miles.
We will have our fortifying breakfast to overcome the great challenge of the day. Starting the walk in a slow but fabulous climb until you reach the first step (Warmihuañusca) which is at 4,200 m.s. From this place you can see an impressive view of two geographical panoramas of mountains and snowy and the other no less beautiful than the semi-tropical valley, with this wonderful view we will have lunch to continue the descent to Pacaymayu arriving at our second Camp. When we get to this place we will have our dinner.
DAY 03: PACAYMAYU – WIÑAYWAYNA (7 to 8 hours of walking approx.)
Travel distance: 16 Kilometers / 10 Miles.
After breakfast we start the trek up to the archaeological site of Runkuraqay, there we will find important vestiges of the Inca culture, we continue our journey to Sayacmarca where we will have lunch to continue walking and observe how the geography changes its appearance, dry and mountainous a semi tropical green, jungle brow. In this way we will find the archaeological group of Phuyupatamarca, after another short walk we will arrive to the last Wiñaywayna camp, where after the Dinner, we will spend the night.
DAY 4: WIÑAYWAYNA – MACHUPICCHU (2 hours walk approx.)
Travel distance: 4 Kilometers / 2.5 Miles.
We will get up very early and after breakfast we will start our journey to Intipunku, managing to observe the fabulous departure of the Astro Rey, being able to appreciate a wonderful spectacle, the panoramic view of the Machupicchu Citadel, then we will descend and visit this magical place full of energy and culture, in a guided tour of the enclosures, squares, Sacred Fountains, temples, towers, the Agricultural and Urban Sector. We will have a time for free sight. END OF SERVICE.
Includes / Does not include
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Pick up from the hotel
- Transportation from Cusco to kilometer 82.
- Food (3D – 3A – 3C)
- Official bilingual tourist guide English – Spanish
- tents (quad tent for 2 people)
- Porters (only for tents, lunch, camping equipment).
- Matras or Mattresses
- Entrance ticket to the Inca Trail and Machupicchu
- Vegetarian option
- First aid equipment, Oxygen balloon
- Train Aguas Calientes – Ollantantaytambo.
- Transportation Ollantaytambo – Cusco
OUR SERVICES DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Sleeping Bag $ 15.00 extra
- First breakfast (1st day)
- Last lunch (4th day)
- Bus Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes.
WE RECOMMEND TO TAKE:
- Wear trek shoes and pants.
- Light clothes for the day, warm clothes for the night.
- Repellent against mosquitoes.
- Flashlight preferably a small and light.
- Walking sticks
- Extra porter for personal equipment (USD 110)
- Bus from Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- One more hotel night in Aguas Calientes can be reserved for those who want to stay one more day. If you wish to return to the ruins the
- next day, you will have to pay your entrance again (the first one was included in the Inca Trail package).