DAY 01: CUSCO – SANTA TERESA – HYDROELECTRIC – AGUAS CALIENTES.
07:30 Pick up from the hotel.
08:00 We will start the tour with a pleasant and picturesque walk to the town of Ollantaytambo, where we will have the opportunity to enjoy beautiful landscapes of the area, we will take a short break of about 30 minutes. Then we will continue from the town of Ollantaytambo to the highest part of this road called “Abra Málaga”, which is at an altitude of 4,316 meters. From this point of view, we will see some impressive landscapes that Peru has to offer.
We will have a brief stop to take pictures of the impressive snow that is next to the road, we will begin the descent towards the thick jungle. We will continue our route along an asphalted track for 2 hours approximately, until we reach the small town of Santa Teresa, where a delicious lunch awaits us.
We will start the trek for 02 hours with approximately 30 minutes to go to the town of aguas calientes, the route will be along the railway line.
17:00 Approx. arrival at the town of Aguas Calientes.
19:00 Dinner with the guide.
Hotel night in Aguas Calientes.
(OPTIONAL): Free afternoon to visit the thermal baths of Aguas Calientes.
DAY 02: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU.
04:30 Approx. We will have breakfast and start to get on bus to Machu Picchu, here you will have a guided tour for more than 2 hours, we will have free time to explore and stay in Machupicchu.
At the end of the visit to Machupicchu, we will make the descent by bus from the citadel to the town of Aguas Calientes, to continue the hike of 02 hours with approximately 30 minutes to Hidroelectrica, where the bus will wait for us from 2:00 pm to 2:00 pm: 30 hours. To finally take our bus back to the City of Cusco.
21:00 Approx. Arrival in Cusco. END OF SERVICE.
(OPTIONAL): You can take the train from Aguas Calientes to Hidroelectrica on your own.
Includes / Does not include
- Pick up from the selected hotel.
- Transportation Cusco – Hydroelectric – Cusco.
- Official Tourism / Professional Guide.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Bus ticket (Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes).
- 01 Hotel night in Aguas Calientes.
- 01 Lunch / 01 Dinner / 01 Snack.
- First aid kit.
- Assistance by staff throughout your trip.
IT DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Train Ticket: Aguas Calientes – Hidroeléctrica ($ .30.00 USD)
- Entrance ticket to the Hot Springs.
- Feeding not mentioned in the program.
- Private service.
- One more hotel night in Aguas Calientes can be reserved for those who want to stay one more day.
WE RECOMMEND TO TAKE:
- Small backpack.
- Light clothes for the day, warm clothes for the night.
- Repellent against mosquitoes.
- Flashlight preferably a small and light.
- Walking sticks
- Swimsuit, towels, shampoo etc.